have been experimenting a bit with the aeropress and found consistent recipe that is easy to brew without the need of professional tools (yet of course it will be better with tools).
The brew is essentially aiming for a bodied cup.
- Our ratio will be 1:17 - Grind size is slightly finer than pour over (around 20 clicks on Commandate)
12g coffee, 204ml water, 93C RO Water
1) Invert your aeropess and drop in your coffee
2) Start your timer and pour all the water and let is sit for 2 minutes
3) Before you seal your aeropess, stir lightly 3 times (don't forget to rinse your aeropress filters before you reach this step)
4) Turn your aeropess around a push slowly, you are aiming for an end time of 3.00 - 3.30
Why did we choose this method?
The goal is to get a bodied, intense coffee. Inverted method helps the coffee be immersed with same amount of water compared to normal aeropress method. Longer brew time is also a factor to extract more body out of the brew.
You might notice the amount of coffee used is relatively on the shorter side. As you might realize from the brew time this is to balance the brew so it doesn't get too intense to an unpleasant level yet still delivering a good kick of flavours. Hope this was helpful, got more brewing guides coming soon and videos! Until then, keep brewing! ☕️